RE: [gpl] Admin password

From: Dom De Vitto (domat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 13:14:47 PST

    It's just that the max password length is 8 I guess, as per older
    Unixes.

    Anything after the first 8 characters is ignored, so you'll notice
    for a password "password":
    "password", "password1", "password2", "password9999999" all work.

    But for a password of "secret", only "secret" will ever work.

    It's to do with crypt taking 64bits (8x8bit characters).

    Dom
    Dom De Vitto                                       Tel. 07855 805 271
    http://www.devitto.com                         mailto:domat_private