RE: VisualBasic auditing

From: Rob Shein (shotenat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 11:31:14 PST

    Don't be so sure that buffer overflows won't work; a lot of VB applications
    rely on DLLs and other such goodies that are written in C++.  I've seen many
    cases where they had a VB coder do most of the app (because they are cheaper
    to pay), only to farm out specific sections to a C++ coder because the
    functionality in VB wasn't there.  In many ways, if you have the VB source
    code, it should be easy to check for buffer overflows in and external
    components because you'll have the layout of the data that gets passed back
    and forth laid out for you in the code.