RE: Win32hlp exploit for : ":LINK overflow"

From: Rob Shein (shotenat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 05:59:14 PST

    I'm not entirely sure I get how serious this is.  If I understand correctly,
    you're modifying a .cnt file so that when it's called (by using it's
    corresponding .hlp file) it will go out and download/execute a program from
    a predetermined site.  When you're at the stage where you can modify files
    on the target machine, how much of a difference does it make to be able to
    get a .cnt file to do your bidding, as opposed to any executable that could
    have another executable bound to it, for example?  Perhaps I'm missing
    something...