Re: Outlook HTML crash

From: Nexus (nexusat_private-way.co.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 12:50:11 PST

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Kurt Seifried" <btat_private>
    To: "Nate Nord" <natenordat_private>; <vuln-devat_private>
    Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 8:32 PM
    Subject: Re: Outlook HTML crash

    > I can confirm this, it drives me NUTS when trying to reply to HTML
    formatted
    > email using outlook express. Simply hit return a few times and chances are
    > outlook will crash (no message or nothing, it just goes poof). However if
    > you go "slowly", i.e. hit enter, wait a bit, hit enter, wait a bit, etc it
    > seems ok. Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106 on win2k with all current
    > patches/etc.

    Just tried on OE 5.5 on Win2K - no problems at all - since I have set
    Tools->Options->Send to "Text Only" (as I despise HTML email with a
    vengeance), the reply has no HTML in it (surprise) and I don't have any
    problem with this.
    What do you have your send options set to ?   Or is it a OE version thing ?

    Cheers.