Re: Detecting abnormal behaviour

From: Stephen. (sa7oriat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 17:35:54 PST

    I am not entirely sure about what you are referring to, but from the buzz
    words you used, I assume what you are trying to do is employ some kernel
    module to log the PID of a process that is making a specific system call.
    If this is what you are attempting to do, it is fairly trivial to do with
    linux kernel modules. There are actually quite a few programs out there
    that will allow you to set up "filters" for syscalls and their parameters,
    for instance an "open" on "/etc/passwd". If you are coding this from
    scratch, Pragmatic's (THC) paper on Linux Kernel Modules, is a good place
    to start...Also, check out any of Tim Lawless's code, its a good place to
    rip code from :-). Hope this helps, if not, just email me and I can fire
    off some source if you need it.