Re: defacement stats

From: Zow (zowat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 13:32:35 PDT

    > > Is there any site on the web that has defacement statistics based on the
    > > application software. Alldas had stats based on OS. Safemode sometimes
    > > (once?) put out stats for both OS as well as application software.
    >
    > 	I'm not aware of any, and I honestly don't see why there should
    > be.  Apart from Microsoft's worm-friendly[*] IIS web server, very few web
    > servers are even tangentially to blame for the breach itself.

    I didn't take the question to be in reference to the web server itself, but
    rather any applications that might be running on top of it, like PHP Nuke,
    Zope, Slashcode, or any other of the numerous content management or comment
    systems that run on top of the HTTP server. At least, I think that's a more
    interesting question than what web server was running at the defaced site.

    Terry

    use Standard::Disclaimer;