OWL Intranet Engine

From: tonyat_private
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 22:59:13 PDT

    I was checking out the advisory, and noticed this clip:

            // Remove this else in a future version
            else {
               if ($username == "admin") {
                    $sql->query("select * from $default->owl_users_table
    where username = '$username' and password = '$password'");

    I wonder what would happen if username was admin, and password was:
    ' OR 1=1 AND username = 'admin

    Seems like a highly likely candidate for SQL injection.. anyone care to
    give a little insight? Perhaps even test it out using httpush or
    something?

    --
    + Microsoft doesn't believe in free() code.