127 Research and Development: 127 Day!

From: northern snowfall (dbailey27at_private)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 01:47:12 PDT

    	Every year, 127 Research chooses an interesting topic, presenting it to
    our correspondants just to keep them up-to-date with our vastly
    increasing prowess and drive. This year will be the first we bring the
    public our yearly analysis. Focused on topics that challenge an
    analyst's skill, 127 Day releases display our level of ability in
    auditing, exploitation, theory, and more.
               This year, 2003, represents 127 Research and Development's
    first public 127-Day release! Our release covers the remote exploitation
    of the prescan memory corruption vulnerability found in versions of
    Sendmail earlier than 8.12.9. In the paper, Don Bailey touches on some
    interesting techniques not yet seen in public. One of these techniques
    is the misaligned-opcode method of text segment manipulation.
    	The paper is viewable online in HTML format, as well as down-
    loadable in portable Postscript. The exploit interface described in
    the report is also available at 127's website.
    	http://www.7f.no-ip.com
    	http://deadchildren.org
    Enjoy!
    Don Bailey