View and edit hidden HTML form fields

From: Richard van den Berg (richardat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 07:23:38 PDT

    This might be the most trivial security tool ever written, but I needed
    it and could not find it. I used this as an opportunity to learn some
    IE/ALT/WLT/COM programming.. so don't expect a flawless tool.

    What it does is display HTML fill-out form fields (including hidden ones)
    in a table outside the normal browser view. Values can be edited and are
    inserted back in to the live HTML view of the browser. This makes it
    possible to research the behaviour of CGI scripts to unexpected form
    field values.

    http://www.vdberg.org/~richard/htmlbar.html

    Many thanks to Bjarke Viksoe who made the initial HtmlBar upon which
    I build. HtmlBar is an Internet Explorer 5+ plugin.

    Any feedback is appreciated.

    Sincerely,

    Richard van den Berg