Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Java class obfuscation

From: northern snowfall (dbailey27at_private)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 20:01:28 PDT

    >The aim of obfuscation is to make it hard(er) for decompilers
    >to work, not make it unreadable.
    >
    >The trouble in attempting to get from the output of "gcc -O2" back
    >to C code (in comparison to "gcc -g") is the aim.

    Yeh, I understand that quite well. The point was that all a
    decompiler has to do is play pseudo-JVM and you've got byte
    code that can be translated to java.

    Translating asm back into C isn't that hard. People forget
    that you don't have to make the C look exactly like it did
    before the compile, all you have to do is make it do what
    the assembly tells you it's supposed to do.

    Code isn't hard. People make it hard.

    Don

    http://www.7f.no-ip.com/~north_

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.