cross-site to root scripting papers

From: Ben Greenberg (benfallout2at_private)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 09:36:33 PDT

    Hi bugtraq.

    Does anyone know or have any links pertaining to getting root or more
    privellaged access from a cross-site scripting vulnerability,  I always have
    thought that people underestimate cross site scripting vulnerabilties.  All
    I know about so far is that <iframe> can be used to get some protected
    files, and that java servlets can be used to exploits these cross site
    scripting vulnerabilities, but thats about all.

    Thanks for the help

    Urthogie