Corrupting memory control structures under XP

From: xenophi1e (oliver.laveryat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 15:50:43 PDT

Hello,

Does anyone have a link to information about exploiting memory control
structures under windows, specifically XP?

The best I've found is the Halvar Flake BlackHat briefings paper, but
AFAICT the XP allocator has changed somewhat. I want to find cleaner ways
of exploiting an overflow I'm working on, but it can be pulled off
without messing with heap structures, so I'm not really motivated enough
to go and reverse ntdll.dll myself.

Cheers,
~x