Thanks much!

From: deepcode . (pondermateat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 21:01:39 PDT

    Well I guess it was gdb then that caused the problems and not me, thanks
    everyone for helping out, I plan to do more on the subject .. so expect me
    to bother you with this trivial info in the future :)

    the shellcode I wrote used

    \x31\xFF\x57   as xor edi, edi and push edi.

    The proper shellcode was

    \x33\xFF\x57, so the new shellcode worked when used the way boogenhagn
    showed me, thanks again mate, I owe you one.

    deepcode