Oracle Patch Testing

From: Damieon Stark (visigothat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 14:39:21 PDT

    NGS Krew,  (oh yea.. and the rest of you too ;)

    Anybody know of a uniform way to test for a particular patch in
    Oracle instances?  The question assumes that one is NOT using
    an Oracle management server or 3rd party patching tools...

    Ideally, I'm lookin for some kind of:
    SELECT * from PATCH_TABLE where patch_id='12345'

    but haven't been able to find it.

    If there is no standard way, perhaps all of the testing/auditing
    software out there is researching test methods per patch?  This
    just doesn't seem reasonable to me...

    TIA,

    -visigoth

    --