[VulnWatch] [HAT-SQUAD] SafeNet Sentinel LM, UDP License Manager Exploit

From: class 101 (class101@hat-squad.com)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 05:36:32 PST

Application overview:

            Sentinel LM is a software-based license management application
allowing application developers to implement multiple pre-built license
models with a single software development integration effort. Developers can
sell or deliver multiple license types simply by changing the license file
associated with the application sold, reducing development time and
facilitating software management of a single code base per release.

Advisory overview:

            Dennis Rand of www.cirt.dk is to credit of the vulnerability
discovery.

Exploit overview:

            class101 of www.hat-squad.com is to credit of the poc exploit.

Poc overview:

           the full poc can be downloaded at www.class101.org or
www.hat-squad.com or attached to this mail
for the security websites.

/*
SentinelLM, UDP License Service Stack Overflow

Homepage:           safenet-inc.com
Affected version:    7.*
Patched  version:   8.0
Link:                     safenet-inc.com/products/sentinel/lm.asp