[VulnWatch] Re: Php Nuke POST XSS on steroids

From: ascii (ascii@private)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 15:10:47 PST

Paul Laudanski wrote:
> I tried both your scripts at a few locations, and all I get back is this
[cut]

hi Paul, long time from ccc : )

it happens because http headers must be on a single line, it's a
formatting issue (my fault, i used to put a link to a plain text
version but this time i forgot about it), i've just created a txt
version of the advisory available here:

http://phpfi.com/214668

it should be more usable, i dunno when the demos will stop working
on phpnuke.org so i've asked wisec to upload this video since www.ush.it
has bandwidth issues

http://www.wisec.it/ush/phpnukexss.html

obviously to bypass the anti-CSRF filter you have to mix the XSS with
the import_request_variables() trick (this doesn't work on phpnuke.org
because they have globals on, this is why i choose that domain)

consider that import_request_variables() will allows you to do much
more than an XSS, this is just an example advisory on an example product

See you,
Francesco `ascii` Ongaro
http://www.ush.it/