Re: [ISN] Info on DOD/DISA/DEM Software 'hack'

From: mea culpa (jerichot_private)
Date: Thu Apr 23 1998 - 18:20:08 PDT

    [Moderator: Agreed. No more on DOD/DISA/DEM/MOD/Hoax :) unless
     it is verified and significant. I think it has been proven
     they are yanking media chains left and right.]

    Forwarded From: Alfred Huger <ahugert_private>

    >  [Moderator: Now how hard would this have been for the journalist
    >   writing the story? <sigh>]
    >
    >  Forwarded From: Mark (Mookie)[SMTP:markt_private]
    >  Posted To: 	NTBUGTRAQt_private
    >  Forwarded From: "Prosser, Mike" <Mike_Prossert_private>

    This entire issue is ridiculous, and points more to *extremely* poor
    reporting than anything else. IMO none of this thread was news worthy, at
    least not so much as it should have been placed on Reuters.

    This type of sensationalism and showmanship however is becoming staple
    fare of late. The upside is that all this Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt will
    keep the majority of us employed for an awfully long time. The downside is
    that it clouds the real issues out there which present real and legitimate
    threats.

    Bleh, well I suppose I am preaching to the choir here, but it's
    frustrating to see this nonsense make press either way.

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomot_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Dimensional Communications (www.dim.com)