Re: [ISN] MOD Gain Access To Network Topology Maps

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Thu May 14 1998 - 21:15:09 PDT

    Reply From: Matthew Patton <pattonat_private>

    The details are sufficiently sketchy as to make it difficult to confirm or
    deny. From what little I know, these network maps are very much in
    existance and it is not at all unlikely they were sitting up on somebody's
    web server. In classic military fashion I'm sure they are not classified.
    Few seem to adequately appreciate what you can do with opensource
    intelligence. A little here, a little there... Wouldn't surprise me if they
    got the maps from a site simiilar to the software one. The DISN control
    software relied heavily on network maps.

    --------
    "There are no significant bugs in our released software that any
    significant number of users want fixed." - Bill Gates in an interview with
    Focus magazine, Oct 23, 1995.

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Repent Security Incorporated [www.repsec.com]