[ISN] Links to AES sumbission announcements

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Sat May 16 1998 - 15:42:12 PDT

    Forwarded From: "Jay D. Dyson" <jdysonat_private>

    Courtesy of Cryptography List.

    From: Rich Salz <salzrat_private>

    The AES submission deadline is about a month away.  Here's some press
    release URL's about AES submissions.

    http://www.rsa.com/pressbox/html/980415.html
    	RSA Enters Proposal for New U.S. Advanced
    	Encryption Standard.  [I saw elsewhere that this was
    	going to be (based on) RC5.]

    http://www.ibm.com/security/html/pr_aes.html
    	IBM Aims to set Advanced Encryption Standard
    	to Secure e-business [No mention of what this is]

    http://www.cylink.com/external/pressrm.nsf/981be5757a5a556f8825652200239b03/96d782d1f4a7b478882565e60058123d?OpenDocument
    	Cylink to Submit SAFER+ Algorithm to the National
    	Institute of Standards and Technology

    "Sorry for the delay, I was busy on our AES submission"
    	Recent mail from Carlisle Adams (if memory serves)
    	to the IETF-PKIX mailing list; couldn't off-hand
    	find it in the archives. [Assume this is CAST]

    I couldn't find a document anywhere, but I remember hearing that
    Counterpane was submitting Blowfish.
    	/r$

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Repent Security Incorporated [www.repsec.com]