Re: [ISN] First 'Cyber Warrior' Unit Poised for Operational Status

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 18 1998 - 09:19:13 PDT

    Reply From: Alfred Huger <ahugerat_private>

    > Forwarded From: Nicholas Charles Brawn <ncb05at_private>
    >
    > 17Jun98 USA: FIRST `CYBER WARRIOR' UNIT IS POISED FOR OPERATIONAL STATUS.
    > By Bryan Bender Washington DC.
    >
    > The US Department of Defense (DoD) plans to stand up its first operational
    > unit of `cyber warriors' by September to safeguard against and respond to
    > computer attacks aimed at the US military, according to defence officials.

    The Canadian DND already has such a unit, here it's called NVAT (Network
    Vuln. Assesment Team). I imagine they are pretty overworked.

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Repent Security Incorporated [www.repsec.com]