[ISN] The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (more info)

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 25 1998 - 19:04:34 PDT

    From: LegalEagllat_private
    Posted To: dc-stuffat_private

    This was the topic of a former thread, discussing the Bill before the House
    which would criminalize of the current conduct of people hack a companies
    server to determine how secure their sites are.  At the request of someone, I
    can't remember who asked, I have put up the text of the Bill which unanimously
    passed the senate at http://members.aol.com/legaleagll/senate.html
    I will try and fix the formatting of the page at some point when I get the
    time or if someone else feels like making it more readable do so and send me a
    copy and I will repost it.  Also, I posted the text of the committee report
    relating to this bill at http://members.aol.com/legaleagll/committee.html,
    this is about a 70 page document so it's a pretty long read if your not too
    interested.

    LegalEagll

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Repent Security Incorporated [www.repsec.com]