[ISN] Security Newsletter from Bruce Schneier

From: mea culpa (jerichot_private)
Date: Wed Jul 01 1998 - 19:37:10 PDT

    Forwarded From: "Jay D. Dyson" <jdysont_private>

    Courtesy of Cryptography List

    Posted by Bruce Schneier <schneiert_private>

    I've just started a crypto newsletter: CRYPTO-GRAM is a free monthly
    email  newsletter on cryptography from Bruce Schneier (author of
    Applied Cryptography, inventor of Blowfish, general crypto pundit
    and occasional crypto curmudgeon).

    You can subscribe to CRYPTO-GRAM:

    	on the WWW, at http://www.counterpane.com/crypto-gram.html

    	by sending e-mail to crypto-gram-subscribet_private

    In the May issue:

    	The Secret Story of Non-Secret Encryption.  The story
    	behind the British claim that they invented public-key
    	cryptography first.

    	Advanced Encryption Standard.  How the government
    	is replacing DES.

    In the June issue:

    	Side Channel Attacks.  What's the big idea behind the
    	recent press announcements about breaking smart
    	cards by analyzing the power line?

    	Risks of Key Recovery, Key Escrow, etc.  Why
    	implementing a FBI-style key recovery scheme will
    	do more to hurt national security than simply letting
    	people communicate.

    Other regular features include:

    	News.  Links to the interesting crypto stories.

    	War Stories.  There are security lessons to learn
    	from all over, not just from computer geeks.

    	Resources.  Summaries of the good Web resources
    	on privacy, security, and encryption.

    We understand and respect your right to privacy.  You are
    receiving this email only because you have demonstrated an
    interest in the areas of privacy, security and encryption.
    You should also know that we would not sell, rent or share
    our mailing list should you decide to subscribe. Our goal
    is to maintain and develop a relationship of integrity and
    trust with our subscribers.  The members of this list are
    not for sale.  Period.

    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.
    Otherwise, I hope you'll take a moment to subscribe to
    CRYPTO-GRAM at:

          http://www.counterpane.com/crypto-gram.html
          or mailto:crypto-gram-subscribet_private

    Regards,

    Bruce

    Bruce Schneier, President, Counterpane Systems     Phone: 612-823-1098
    101 E Minnehaha Parkway, Minneapolis, MN  55419      Fax: 612-823-1590
                                                http://www.counterpane.com

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomot_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Repent Security Incorporated [www.repsec.com]