Re: [ISN] Hacker takes revenge on computer security expert

From: mea culpa (jerichoat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 05 1999 - 14:03:02 PST

    Reply From: Felix von Leitner <leitnerat_private-berlin.de>

    > The Electronic Telegraph
    > Monday 1 February 1999
    > Hacker takes revenge on computer security expert
    > By Robert Uhlig, Technology Correspondent

    [Hacker cannot break into firewall of brand "XYZ", so he tempers with
    financial records of firewall maker]

    This is the biggest pile of crap I have ever seen, even on ISN.  Sorry,
    guys, but this obvious advertisement is too much.  We have seen loads of
    press releases and other non-content marketing drivel on this list, but
    this is getting scary now.

    Nobody will believe that someone who could not break through that firewall
    can break into the financial records of some individual, which are not
    physically connected to the internet.  This is markting drivel.

    Please filter your list more in the future.  This is exactly the kind of
    stuff that security people do _not_ need when they read their daily
    security update.  If I want ads and spam, I can read Usenet.

    Felix

    -o-
    Subscribe: mail majordomoat_private with "subscribe isn".
    Today's ISN Sponsor: Internet Security Institute [www.isi-sec.com]