Re: [ISN] Re: Microsoft MCSE training faulted

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 05:23:22 PDT

    Forwarded from: Michal Szokolo <msz@kill-spammers.pmp.com.pl>

    InfoSec News wrote:

    > Forwarded from: Felix von Leitner <leitnerat_private>
    >
    > Thus spake InfoSec News (isnat_private):
    >
    >>http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/stories/0,1199,NAV47-68-84-91_STO63028,00.html
    >>

    >>Lack of focus on security in professional training seen as factor in
    >>spread of viruses
    >>

    > Excuse me?
    >
    > Is it _Outlook_ and _IIS_ and _IIE_ and _VBE_ that get infected
    > all the time or is it MCSEs or the code they wrote?
    >
    > The only one who needs security training here is Microsoft.

    Actually MCSEs are in dire need of training, so they would know that
    Microsoft software is offensively insecure and their employers or
    customers must be protected by something better than faith in
    Redmondwares.

    --
    I'm an ugly boy            | Nie wchodzic na http://msz.pmp.com.pl/
    My face makes you hurl     | REKLAMY:

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.