Re: [ISN] September 11th Does Not Mean Cyberwar is Coming

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 01:03:11 PDT

    Forwarded from: JohnE37179at_private

    One of the lessons we should learn from this tragic event is that we
    may be using the wrong strategy in all of our security designs. What
    we saw is that the attack came not from outside the country, but from
    within. The attackers were inside the country for an extended period
    of time. They used our aircraft, our fuel and our people as assets in
    their attack. Any system that has procedures that let users in (all of
    them?) must protect from internal threats within the firewall with the
    same vigor as threats outside the firewall. It is an illusion to think
    that we can design effective threat protection on the design of a
    fortress with all of the weapons pointed outward over the walls.

    John Ellingson
    CEO
    Edentification, Inc.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.