[ISN] SANS Top 20 Vulnerability List Updated

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 01:51:57 PST

    Forwarded from: Peter Mell <peter.mellat_private>

    NIST has been working with SANS to provide an enhanced top 20
    vulnerability list. The original list produced by SANS and the FBI
    contained 20 important vulnerability areas with reference to over 140
    specific vulnerabilities. We noticed that the specific vulnerability
    references were not hyperlinked to associated vulnerability
    information. We remedied this deficiency by providing SANS with
    a version of the document that links each of the 140 specific
    vulnerabilities to the associated vulnerability entry in the
    NIST ICAT Metabase ( http://icat.nist.gov ).

    For each vulnerability, ICAT provides a short description,
    vulnerability attributes (e.g. range and damage potential), vulnerable
    software and version numbers, and links to a variety of vulnerability
    and patch information. The revised top 20 vulnerability list is
    available from SANS at http://www.sans.org/top20.htm

    Peter Mell
    ICAT Project Lead

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.