RE: [ISN] Oracle Chief Challenges Hackers

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 00:54:58 PST

    Forwarded from: Marc Maiffret <marcat_private>

    Hey so what's fault tolerant have to do with the fact that oracle
    software has had many many bugs, even more than SQL. Fault tolerant is
    nice but doesn't really mean shit if your programmers are leaving
    gaping buffer overflows left and right in your code.

    50 machines in the same "cluster" all vulnerable to the same bug just
    means 50 owned machines instead of 1.

    Signed,
    Marc Maiffret
    Chief Hacking Officer
    eEye Digital Security
    T.949.349.9062
    F.949.349.9538
    http://eEye.com/Retina - Network Security Scanner
    http://eEye.com/Iris - Network Traffic Analyzer
    http://eEye.com/SecureIIS - Stop known and unknown IIS vulnerabilities

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.