Re: [ISN] Want better workplace security?

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2001 - 00:17:08 PST

    Forwarded from: Robert G. Ferrell <rferrellat_private>

    > SOUND RIDICULOUS? The U.S. government doesn't think so. Preventing
    > such a scenario is one of the goals behind a project called
    > "Tempest," an acronym for Telecommunications Electronics Material
    > Protected from Emanating Spurious Transmissions.

    The term "TEMPEST" is obsolete.  It has been replaced, for those of
    you who care, by EMSEC, or "Emissions Security."

    If you'd like some additional factual information about TEMPEST/EMSEC,
    I heartily recommend James Atkinson's TEMPEST primer at

    http://www.tscm.com/TSCM101tempest.html

    He has compiled a wealth of useful info on TEMPEST and the standards
    associated with it.  I just wish he'd lose the oscilloscope tracing
    background, because it gives me a headache trying to read over it.
    ;-)

    Cheers,

    RGF

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.