Re: [ISN] US to yank Kevin Mitnick's radio license

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 23:11:23 PST

    Forwarded from: Telemann Mediatrix <genieat_private>

    Let me be the first person to assure my actions we never justfied. By
    the authorities or by me. I was locked-up for 6 months and had years
    of probation. The only reason I am free now was because of my age, and
    given the type of charges, they weren't considering me a dangerous
    criminal. I can say that making a bomb and reverse-engineering telecom
    equipment aren't the same. I would have never knowingly endangered
    people. Sure, they were in danger if they had to call 911 and there
    was no phone, but that was by sheer accident and unfamiliarity with
    the equipment.  The experience changed my life and I was shown what
    could happen if I continued down the path I was on. All I hoped for
    was them to let it be the past and not hold it against me, that's the
    whole idea of juvenile justice. But I received only a small part,
    court transcripts aren't available but there are still numerous
    investigation files that won't be destroyed, and given my line of work
    that can be a huge problem. Your resume and good name are all you have
    these days.

    12/28/2001 11:20:23 PM, InfoSec News <isnat_private> wrote:

    > Forwarded from: SleuthOneat_private
    >
    > In a message dated 12/27/01 12:16:05 PM, Telemann Mediatrix
    > <genieat_private> writes:
    >
    >> In 1994 I was arrested for several different crimes, 11 felonies,
    >> 9 were federal offenses.
    >
    > And somehow you are attempting to justify, excuse and rationalize
    > WHY the above series of criminal activities were acceptable on the
    > basis of the idle curiosity of a 16 yr old "child"?
    >
    > This is as absurd as rationalizing being 16 yrs old, playing with
    > matches--causing a forest fire--due to the "burning" desire of
    > child-like curiosity.
    >
    > Crap!  One of our Sr Techs is a bright 17 yr old that routinely
    > works on a highly complex network--passed a stringent background
    > check and random drug-screening and finds ways to lawfully fulfill
    > his curiosities.
    >
    > Teenagers KNOW the difference between right-wrong and
    > legal-illegal.  Perhaps they choose to run with their impulsivity
    > of risk taking behavior and pay dearly for the consequences of
    > their actions.  Belittling the issue of crimes against property
    > versus crimes against persons is a weak attempt at mitigating
    > multiple felonies.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.