Re: [ISN] Perspectives: Time to make Pittsburgh cybersecurity center

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 03:56:03 PST

    Forwarded from: Gary Stock <gstockat_private>

    InfoSec News wrote:

    > http://www.post-gazette.com/businessnews/20020106dicker0106fnp9.asp

    > Carnegie Mellon University's reputed pre-eminence in information
    > technology coupled with Hunker's deep understanding of the nascent
    > cybersecurity industry position Pittsburgh well to assume a leadership
    > role. "I want to make Pittsburgh the national and international center
    > for cybersecurity," he said...

    After all, a 'centralized defense' model is the ideal response to a
    'centralized threat' model, such as the internet... ummm... well...

    GS

    Gary Stock                                            vox 616.226.9550
    CIO & Technical Compass                               fax 616.349.9076

    Nexcerpt, Inc.                                     gstockat_private

      "The first thing you'll notice is, when the camera's plugged in..."
      Bill Gates, launching Windows XP Earthquake, Seattle, 28 Feb 2001

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.