Re: [ISN] Re: SANS Top 20 Vulnerability List Updated

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 23:12:20 PST

    Forwarded from: Ejovi Nuwere <ejoviat_private>

    Incompetent? Those are rather harsh words. Obviously you don't know
    me.  Have you ever tried scanning an entire fortune 100 company with
    every exploit known to man on a daily basis?

    If you had, you would most likely be out of a job right now. That
    might explain your angst.

    I guess your remedy is to take (Name favorite commercial scanner) and
    hit the "Check All" button and go wild eh? :-)

    Have fun Mr. Security Pro.

    InfoSec News wrote:

    > Forwarded from: Felix von Leitner <leitnerat_private>
    >
    > Thus InfoSec News forwarded (isnat_private):
    >

    >>Actually, this top 20 list has helped me. It gives me the ability
    >>to scan my entire network for attacks most likely to be automated
    >>or used by script kiddies. Thats a huge help. And time saver.
    >>

    > Mister, if you only scan your network for attacks that SANS blessed,
    > you are incompetent and should hand your job over to someone who knows
    > what he is doing.  Sorry to be so blunt.
    >
    > Felix

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.