Re: [ISN] [TSCM-L] Security? Huh! (fwd)

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 02:02:55 PST

    Forwarded from: Alex Nehlebaeff <Alex.Nehlebaeffat_private>

    Maybe, but I seriously doubt you are hired to perform penetration test
    on critical government agencies. I would imagine that the buildings
    you are performing your penetration tests on are buildings that do not
    contain classified information or systems and are accessible to the
    public.

    That is not to say that public accessible buildings don't hold
    sensitive material and that you are not performing a service. My beef
    and this is were I agree with Michael, is you make it sound as if the
    whole federal government security program is a joke. And after
    spending 24 years in the Navy, I think I have been exposed to some of
    the security mechanisms that the government uses and I assure you,
    that your james bond tactics would not work in the majority of the
    installations I (and Michael) worked in.

    Alex L. Nehlebaeff, ITC(SW), USN(Ret)

    -=-