[ISN] FC: Domain heist: Hoopla.com reportedly stolen via fax to Verisign

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 00:59:34 PDT

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:48:46 -0700
    From: Declan McCullagh <declanat_private>
    To: politechat_private
    Subject: FC: Domain heist: Hoopla.com reportedly stolen via fax to Verisign

    ---

    Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:18:44 +0200
    Subject: Domain heist
    From: Dean Allen <twinsetat_private>
    To: declanat_private

    Dear Declan McCullagh,

    I publish a site called Textism. A reader wrote suggesting I draw your
    attention -- and perhaps the attention of your mailing list -- to a
    domain hijacking issue.

    A friend of mine, Leslie Harpold, published a well-respected blog/site
    called at hoopla.com. A few days ago her domain was illegally
    transferred to someone named Hubert Sarah in Berlin, seemingly on the
    basis of one fax to NetSol.

    Some details are here: http://www.textism.com/article/490

    Today's update is here: http://www.textism.com/article/494

    I understand this sort of thing happens with some regularity, but the sheer
    unwillingness of NetSol to fixing a breach of their own contract may prove
    to be of interest to your list.

    Thank you,

    - Dean Allen