RE: [ISN] Cracks in the Firewall

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 00:22:46 PDT

    Forwarded from: Wall David  Civ AETC/DOXD <David.Wallat_private>

    Guess it's good I'll be retiring before long.  I haven't even read the
    original article, but a few points come to mind.

    First of all, most of us can get our point across without resorting to
    language that reflects a lower than whale manure on the bottom of the
    ocean mentality.

    Second, nearly EVERYTHING about mainframe computers back in the 60s
    was designed to keep people out.  I won't quibble with anyone those
    who argue the operating system wasn't designed to keep people out, but
    it didn't have to be, because the additional safeguards in use were
    more than adequate.

    Third, it's obvious the writer below doesn't have a clue about what it
    was like back in the 60s.