Re: [ISN] Israel under hack attack

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 00:19:29 PDT

    Fowarded from: irado furioso com tudo <iradoat_private>

    InfoSec News wrote:

    > Forwarded from: William Knowles <wkat_private>

    as per another list/friend, it is a big FUD:

    :=================
    This is yet another example of a security firm desperately attempting
    to generate business in a recession. There have been quite a few FUD
    stories lately reporting non-news:

    Hack Attack, How you might be a target:
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/04/12/hack.dangers/index.html

    Experts: Chat rooms a haven for hackers:
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/internet/04/10/hackers.chat.rooms/index.html?related

    Want Free Software? Be prepared for Surprises:
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/04/14/tag.along.software.ap/index.html

    Net blamed for marital breakups:
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/internet/04/15/internet.breakup/index.html

    What these all have in common is that they are "duh" stories written
    by naive reporters providing free advertisement for some security
    company/pundit. There is no real news in any of these.

    Journalists (as I use this term very loosely in reference to the
    authors of the above articles) really need to do a better job
    determining if there really is a story. A journalist I know contacted
    mi2g at one point to ask what methods they use to map web defacement
    trends and what their sources were. Pretty basic question - verify the
    facts. Mi2g never responded and she killed the story. We need to have
    more journalists do this.

    .sioda.

    :=================

    --

    saudações,

    Irado Furioso com Tudo
    Linux User 179402

    os nazistas voltaram.. um ocupa a Casa Branca (Washington, DC), outro
    domina o Estado de Israel. Nós, no meio.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.