Re: [ISN] We're Watching You

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 00:19:51 PDT

    Forwarded from: Jeff Moss <jmossat_private>

    Just a note. The speech can be seen here:

    http://media.blackhat.com:5554/ramgen/blackhat/bh-usa-01/video/bh-usa-01-marshall-beddoe-chris-abad-video.rm

    The rest of the 2001 speeches will be up this week.

    Jeff

    At 04:17 AM 4/29/2002 -0500, you wrote:

    > Forwarded from: Justin Lundy <jblat_private>
    >
    > Raytheon developed SilentRunner directly after a programmer named
    > "bind" published his open-source "siphon" project on the Internet
    > two years ago. The siphon software passively mapped networks (see
    > where the SilentRunner name comes from?) to generate OS fingerprints
    > for all hosts that were a source of traffic. This also included a
    > list of all open ports on the machines. Newer versions, and the
    > development versions contain a greatly expanded list of useful
    > features.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.