RE: [ISN] MS Outlook booted off campus

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 01:38:40 PDT

    Forwarded from: Roger Safian <r-safianat_private>

    At 05:34 AM 5/24/2002 -0500, you wrote:
    > Forwarded from: Wall David Civ AETC/DOXD <David.Wallat_private>
    >
    > Is it just me, or is somebody burying their heads in the sand?
    > Whatever happened to maintaining the latest antiviral signature
    > files so you don't get hit in the first place?
    >
    > Am I missing something here?????

    I'm glad someone else felt this way.  Outlook is not the primary email
    program here at Northwestern, Eudora is, and we still had our share of
    infections.  Personally I don't think banning Outlook will solve their
    problem.  Perhaps they might consider banning Windows instead?  ;-)

    Personally, I think a campaign to get people to keep their anti-viral
    software and patches up to date, coupled with a program of education
    on safe computing would pay off.  Not only would this benefit the
    college, but, the students would benefit from learning a skill that
    they will be able to use in the future.

    --
    Roger A. Safian
    r-safianat_private (email) public key available on many key servers.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.