[ISN] Just a few more things...

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 04:35:59 PDT

    OK, I lied, there is going to be news for today when I said there
    wasn't, but I think I will take the rest of the week off...  :)

    I want to thank the "Loyal reader of InfoSec News" who contributed
    $5.00 to C4I.org/InfoSec News and was the first to do so since I
    quietly added the page: http://www.c4i.org/contribute.html back in
    April.

    I will be spending part of my holiday weekend going through the web
    site stats for the last year so I can make a nice business case for
    those possibly interested in sponsoring InfoSec News.

    While it would be incredible if I were to get something like the
    $37,000 in donations that Rusty Foster's Kuro5hin.org [1] recieved
    when they put their subscription drive in 6th gear. I'd be happy if
    between sponsors, t-shirt sales, Amazon Associates, and donations I
    could land around 15% of that which would go towards a dedicated 1U
    server, the colocation fees with it, and implementing the various
    ideas for offering more news and information from InfoSec News.
    (Daily updated website, various e-mail digest modes, AvantGo,
    Blackberry, Palm PQA's, etc.)

    I will have a new update of C4I.org sometime this weekend, I'm sure as
    always you won't be disappointed with the new selection of links.

    Have a *SAFE* and wonderful holiday!

    William Knowles
    wkat_private

    [1] http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/6/21/10533/6651

    "Communications without intelligence is noise;  Intelligence
    without communications is irrelevant." Gen Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
    C4I.org - Computer Security, & Intelligence - http://www.c4i.org