Re: [ISN] 'Hacker' security biz built on FBI snitches

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 00:43:21 PDT

    Forwarded from: Thomas C. Greene <tcgreeneat_private>

    [Edited only enough to get past everyone's filters...   - WK]

    i know it's hard to accept that people whose carefully-contrived
    anti-establishment media image we've all admired (and envied) can be such
    sh*ts, but there it is.  you're in denial, bud.

    the proof exists.  i can't publish it for two reasons: 1) the source has
    requested anonymity; and 2) the L0pht cheese-eater involved would be subject
    to retaliation.

    if my proof is cr*p, then @Stake will sue The Register and win their
    case in court.  but don't hold your breath, lol.

    --tcg

    On Friday 19 July 2002 09:00, InfoSec News wrote:

    > Forwarded from: Aj Effin Reznor <ajat_private>
    >
    > William/All.  While these articles may be timely, they're highly
    > inaccurate.  Mr. Greene all but admits to publishing little more
    > than rumour and cr*p with no fact checking or basis in reality.
    >
    > I would hope that bile of this nature does not pollute what is
    > perhaps one of the few non-corporate security mailing lists left
    > today.
    >

    > "InfoSec News was known to say....."
    >
    > > On Monday I reported a speech by Gweeds at H2K2, in which the grand
    > > hypocrisy of hackers weaseling their way from the scene to the
    > > mainstream by forming security outfits was denounced very nicely. A
    > > torrent of e-mail denouncing him soon followed, some of which I've
    > > posted here.
    >
    > Posted unattributed.  Perhaps in the future showing the author of a
    > given mail may make it worth a little more; carry more weight or
    > legitmacy. It can be assumed that since things like "facts" can
    > easily errode all of this series of articles, Mr. Greene may find it
    > in his best interest to not actually mention where anything came
    > from.

    [...]

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.