Re: [ISN] INFOSEC: Certifiably Certified

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 01:43:03 PDT

    Forwarded from: Eric Lee Green <ericat_private>
    On Wednesday 23 October 2002 11:44 pm, InfoSec News wrote:
    > eyes of a third party is foolish. Haphazardly hiring security
    > personnel on the basis of a certification for which there is not
    > even a standard (such as ISO 17799) is a reckless endangerment of
    > the hiring organization's resources. Furthermore, given the
    > interconnected nature of the Internet, in some cases, this has the
    > real possibility of adversely affecting security across the Internet
    > in general.
    Heh. Something I've been saying for years.
    > That having been said, I'm happy to announce that I'm going into the
    > certification business. If anyone cares to send me $500 and copies
    > of
    I already beat him to it, in July 2001. See
    for your own free certificate :-).
    PS: POOE stands for "Poker Of Overinflated Egos", where said
    "overinflated egos" belong to people who have enough certification
    letters on their business cards to write a novel with. Strange, how
    some of these people can become rather pompous in their insistence
    that nobody uncertified could possibly be competent.
    Eric Lee Green          GnuPG public key at
              mailto:ericat_private  Web:
    ISN is currently hosted by
    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.