Re: [ISN] Cordless keyboard woes continue

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 22:30:18 PST

    Forwarded from: Russell Coker <russellat_private>
    On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:47, InfoSec News wrote:
    > Forwarded from: "Michael J. Reeves, AA, ASc"
    > <michaeljreevesat_private>
    > 	Interesting...
    > 	The assumption is that the keyboard is at fault.
    That is because it is at fault.
    > 	Since it is transmitting a radio signal, what is the
    > possibility that something in the transmitter's/recipient's room is
    > receiving and conducting the signal???
    That doesn't matter.  If the keyboard was properly designed it would
    use encryption and a hostile person who had a receiver on the other
    side of the wall from the victim would not be able to steal any data.
    --   My NSA Security Enhanced Linux packages  Bonnie++ hard drive benchmark    Postal SMTP/POP benchmark  My home page
    ISN is currently hosted by
    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.