Re: [ISN] No One at Home

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 23:33:34 PST

    Forwarded from: Nexus <nexusat_private-way.co.uk>

    > [I should also point out all these "out of the office" messages are
    > ideal for the social engineer. Then calling the help desk as your
    > "assistant" looking for a password reset, to get that Powerpoint file
    > for the budget, otherwise we might all be out there looking for a new
    > job, and collecting unemployment. :)  - WK]

    As well as being very annoying - after one Bugtraq post that spawned a
    storm of them, I decided to widen the appeal to stop this annoying
    practice ;-) http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/82/275880

    Cheers.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.