RE: [ISN] Osama's Plot to Blow-up the Internet on January 11th

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 22:55:29 PST

    Forwarded from: Robert G. Ferrell <rgferrellat_private>

    At 03:47 AM 1/9/03 -0600, InfoSec News wrote:

    > Has this been determined to be true or a hoax?

    >> D.C. based security consultant Charles Masford cites in the WWN
    >> report that his high level sources in the "FBI anti-cyberterror task
    >> force"  have pieced together 400 sources, including debriefings from
    >> Al Qaeda fighters, raids in Europe, and intercepted voice and e-mail
    >> communications, and have learned that this attack will happen at
    >> 11:11AM on 1.11.03!

    Has anyone on ISN ever heard of Mr. Masford? I haven't been able to
    find any references to him on the Web, and no one in the DC area with
    whom I've spoken knows anything about him.  I'm beginning to believe
    he may be related to "Captain Tuttle."

    ;-)

    RGF

    Robert G. Ferrell
    rgferrellat_private

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.