[ISN] Free data mining training.

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 10:37:50 PST

    Forwarded from: "Colleen M McCue" <McCueCMat_private>

    SPSS, Inc is sponsoring a free Rapid Response in Government Seminar
    entitled, Fight Crime and Improve Security with Data Mining.  The
    training will provide an overview of data mining in basic criminal
    investigation and intelligence analysis, as well as homeland
    security issues and infrastructure protection.  Dr. Jesus Mena, an
    expert in data mining will be the keynote speaker, and I will be
    presenting some of our research, as well. It should be an
    interesting event given the recent focus on data mining,
    particularly as it relates to homeland security and the emerging
    debate over the proposed Total Information Awareness System.

    The seminar is being held at the Hyatt Regency Reston, in Reston, VA.
    Additional information can be found at:
    http://www.spss.com/RR-InvestigativeDM/

    Colleen McCue, PhD

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.