RE: [ISN] DoD offering admin privileges on .mil Web sites

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 00:34:19 PST

    Forwarded from: Jim Hoag <jimhoagat_private>

    I used to work for the US Air Force and one of my jobs was making sure
    the base registration was, first) applied for and second) kept up to
    date. Yes, you go to the referenced address and fill out the hugely
    large template and send it in (ddn.mil registration used to be at an
    Air Force base in Alabama). Its then cross referenced with all kinds
    of information and if deemed legitimate the military entity gets its
    registration or update. If not, it gets sent to 'circular file 13'
    (trash can in Army talk).

    Jim Hoag, CISSP
    jimhoagat_private