Re: [ISN] Mitnick Banned From Security Group

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 23:30:21 PST

    Forwarded from: "Robert G. Ferrell" <rgferrellat_private>

    At 03:33 AM 2/13/03 -0600, InfoSec News wrote:

    > It didn't last long. Mitnick's password was quickly revoked, and a
    > few days later he received a letter in certified mail from the
    > ISSA's headquarters informing him that news of his acceptance was
    > greatly exaggerated. "The ISSA has determined that your past
    > behavior does not comply with the ISSA Code of Ethics, therefore we
    > cannot accept your application at this time," reads the unsigned
    > letter.

    This is just a shot in the dark, but I'll betcha if we exposed all the
    ISSA's members to the same level of scrutiny that Kevin's past has
    received, there'd be a lot more of these letters sent out.

    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

    RGF

    Robert G. Ferrell
    rgferrellat_private

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.