Re: [ISN] Lost in cyberspace

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 01:49:42 PST

    Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:23:30 -0600 (CST)
    From: hugginsat_private
    Subject: Re: [ISN] Lost in cyberspace

    Again another slam against the government and how it does its
    business. Where was this individual when they were writing the
    document.  Sitting on the sidelines drinking latte's and protesting
    our war more than likely.

    Here's my thoughts, the government had two choices

    1.  Legislate compliance with federal statutes (what dod and the rest
    of the government must comply with) for businesses which would have
    drawn the ire of epic and people like this author or

    2.  Attempt to utilize value input from real security experts than
    publish what leaders from IBM MS and others tell them.

    A true snapshot of what can happen is going to happen this year and
    when it does I will be laughing all the way to the bank, and people
    like this author will be eating crow.

    -=-