RE: [Full-Disclosure] RE: [ISN] DARPA pulls OpenBSD funding

From: Curt Purdy (purdyat_private)
Date: Sat Apr 19 2003 - 07:10:53 PDT

    Unfortunately, one of the things that seems to have been overlooked in this
    political discussion, which I believe does not have a place in this
    technical forum, is that a great and sorely needed project is in jeopardy.
    OpenBSD is generally considered one of the most secure network operating
    systems available today, and that is even before the recent announcement of
    the new resistance, if not vulnerability to buffer overflows which can be
    considered the holy grail of programming.

    Whether you feel da Raadt was wrong for expressing his views on peace, or
    that DARPA was wrong for politicizing a technical project, the point here
    should be that the entire technical world is the loser...

    Curt Purdy CISSP, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA
    Senior Systems Engineer
    Information Security Engineer
    DP Solutions

    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
    What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke