RE: [ISN] This computer security column is banned in Canada

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 00:37:06 PDT

    Forwarded from: Rob Rosenberger <junkmailat_private>
    Cc: Steve Manzuik <steveat_private>

      >>Lets take your lunacy a step further.
      >>  <snip>
      >>This is stupid and is security through obscurity.

    Steve, you should focus your "stupid/lunacy" complaints on senator
    Charles Schumer (D-NY).  He fears U.Calgary will turn into a "digital
    training ground for future cyber-terrorists."  You can listen to him
    (in context!) at http://Vmyths.com/mm/humor/psa/schumer.mp3 if you
    don't believe me. Schumer's audio comes from a February 2002 senate
    hearing where White House flunky Richard Clarke reserved the right to
    NUKE China if they invade the U.S. with a computer virus.

    I agree wholeheartedly with you, Steve.  From my follow-up column:
    http://Vmyths.com/rant.cfm?id=599&page=4

    "I'll extract my tongue from my own cheek so we can clear the air...
    You'll find a big difference between me and people like senator
    Schumer.  He'll mean it if he declares Canada a cyber-threat.  He'll
    want you to fear the wrath of Calgary's student body.  He'll demand
    FBI background checks for computer science teachers & students."

    Rob

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.