RE: [ISN] The Two Faces of Foundstone (two messages)

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 23:28:08 PDT

    Forwarded from: William Knowles <wkat_private>

    Just a quick note to the fans, founders and employees of Foundstone.
    I was torn whether or not to post this article, I was floored by how
    many people sent in a copy of this story. While I am not complaining
    about users sending in news, (I wish it would happen more than it does)
    It did have me wondering how many people are really gunning for
    Foundstone's demise?

    As for the forwarded from: Alan Smithee, and how there is no remailers
    using that name, well, all the mail was asking to post this news
    anonymously. Alan Smithee for the uninformed is the name given by
    directors who disown their films for any reason.

    "Alan Smithee" is an anagram for "The Alias Men"

    http://us.imdb.com/Name?Smithee,+Alan

    -=-

    Forwarded from: Steve Manzuik <steveat_private>

    First of all, I have nothing against Foundstone or any of it's
    employees in fact I have much respect for George Kurtz and the rest of
    the founding members of Foundstone.

    But, that being said -- if you compare Hacking Exposed to any of the
    Big 5 (final 4 maybe) methodologies or "hacking courseware" they are
    all pretty much the same other than formatting differences.  In fact,
    Foundstone's hacking course is organized and presented in pretty much
    the exact same manner as one of the Big 5s course.  Kudos to George
    for seeing the opportunity to publish this before the Big 5s did.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.